This recipe is from OneGoodThingByJillee, which was adapted from The Cents’able Shoppin, and I used it during my spring cleaning on our couches… I used lavender and it made the whole house smell delicious. There also other recipes listed, even for those who want to use their laundry fabric softener as an ingredient. 🙂
- 1 cup distilled water
- 1/4 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rubbing alcohol
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- 8-10 drops essential oil
- Put ingredients in spray bottle and shake it up before use.
- What I love about this recipe is that I always have these ingredients on hand so I can just whip up a fresh batch when I run out… and the cost savings is great. I don’t have to buy a $4/5 item that does only one thing, I can use ingredients I have on hand that do multiple things. Oh why can’t more people be this way…
NOTE: I used this on my couches (as we do not have curtains or carpet)… but basically where you would have used Febreze you could use this. (do a spot check to make sure).