ATTN Future Mothers Especially!:
Coconut oil can help prevent stretch marks during pregnancy. Check out this great Body Butter, it’s one of my favorites as well.
Makes 2 1/2 to 3 cups whipped butter.
- 1 cup Organic, raw shea butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond oil (or any other liquid oil, I use a mixture of several, some are essential oils to give a scent)
1. Melt shea butter and coconut oil in a double boiler. Remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes.
2. Stir in almond oil and essential oils of your choosing.
3. Place oil mixture in freezer or outside to chill.
4. Wait until oils start to partially solidify (see photo) then whip until a butter-like consistency is achieved.
5. Place in clean, glass jar and enjoy! A little goes a long way.
*Not all essential oils are skin or child friendly. Please do your research before adding
This body butter cost me $12.20 to make 16 oz. Usually you will pay about $15 for less than 8 oz… WHAT SAVINGS!
If you have enjoyed this article please share it with your friends! I’ll be posting coconut oil recipes all week! Feel free to suggest a product or ask a question!